Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday

Yesterday I turned 25...that is right a quarter of a century! Even though I was feeling pretty old yesterday it is nice to know that no matter how old I get, Chad is still older! Chad came through and got me a new camera, a Sony Powershot DSC-H10. It is wonderful, I could not be happier! I am already amazed at the cool things it will do and how awesome the color is. The last camera Chad got me was modern at the time, but is amazing how things have changed! I can't wait to really put it to the test Thursday at Harrisburg, my Kodak never did good at cow shows!

Mom and Brittany were here for the weekend and we had a great time. I think they were amazed at how much Jackson had changed and I know he had fun playing with him! Mom taught him to go all the way up the steps so I am already having lots of fun spending hours letting him go up and down.

We went shopping yesterday in Hagerstown and had a blast. I found some super cute clothes to judge the Virginia State Fair in and mom treated me to some new outfits for my birthday. Last night, Chad took me to Charles Town to the racetrack which I was nervous about at first but it was so much fun! We ate at the Skyline Terrace which was an AMAZING seafood buffet where I ate my weight in shrimp, clams, and mussels. The restaurant overlooked the track so we could bet while we ate which was great. I totally sucked on the horses, my Keeneland days are well over! After losing 3 times, we decided we were each going to play the slots once just to say we did it. Chad totally sucked but I won $65.00 which was a lot of fun! Thanks Chad for planning a nice evening out, it was great to eat a meal without baby food flying from one end to the other.

In Jackson news, he has learned to clap which is too adorable for words and mom swears he said great day yesterday, which I am still questioning slightly. We have such a busy week this week, Jackson turns 9 months old tomorrow (where does the time go??), has his 9 month check-up on Wednesday, and I am taking the day off on Thursday to go to Harrisburg to watch the show. Check in often this week for hopefully lots of updates!







This is my new face. Mommy and Daddy call it the ugly face because they can remember calling Regan's the same thing a few years ago when she would make it!
Nina brought me this super cool trainset. So far I won't let it run on the track, but maybe one day!

Me and my Nina!Me and Aunt BiBi!

2 comments:

Rachel Mead said...

I can't believe how much he is changing! Don't sweat 25...you have accomplished more at that age then most have by the time they are 40. Wish I could see you on Thursday but we were planning on going up Tuesday. Have a great time and can't wait to see the pics!

Michele said...

YAY! Chad got the camera! You're going to have a blast with that! I'm glad you had a great birthday- enjoy 25!